Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Finally?

So we have continued to have issues with the car and getting back. There was a delay with getting the new motor and we didn't know when it would be finished. It has been at times stressful but Henry and I have worked hard to not let ourselves get down. The part arrived today which means it will be done tomorrow. This is clutch. One more day and we wouldn't have gotten to the south island in time to get to a reservation we have to hike the Milford Sound; one of the great walks of NZ and the toughest to get a booking for. If we didn't go now we would not only lose out on a good deal of money but would not have a chance to see one of NZ most treasured sites. Instead tomorrow I take a bus from Wanaganui where I am now to Owhango (pronounced Oh-Fahn-Go) where the car has been for over two weeks now.

I will pick it up and Henry and I will drive to Wellington tomorrow night. Saturday morning we hop on the ferry to the south Island and will meet Ben and Shep in Christchurch by the evening. On Monday we start the 4 day hike though the Sound after which I will immediately run my marathon. Due to circumstances some my fault others not I am not really what I would called prepared to run a marathon much less such a hard one. So I'm just gonna do my best. I'm not going to worry about time which I originally intended to. I may not ever check my time at the end. I just want to finish. After that I will continue to travel the Island for some time.

I am so excited about getting to the South Island. I have been waiting for this for months and it has been delayed now for some time which was hard despite enjoying other things in the meantime. It should be great.

No comments: