Tuesday, July 29, 2008

In a good place

We just had our Prep 4 Data Meeting. I am in a really good place mentally. I just found out that Pjay (one of my best friends) just booked a flight for New Zealand leaving Oct 4th. So Ben Gray and Pjay will for sure be there. It is nice to know I'll have at least a couple friends. I'm starting to get really pumped about that. Europe is also getting closer, that should be great. I love Europe and can't wait to see Hana. That has been more in the background of my mind as all the preparation for New Zealand has led me to focus on that. But 2.5 weeks in Europe with such a great person will be amazing, plus there is still a chance some other friends of mine are going to drop in. Also as an update to my long term plans Pjay and I have decided to commit to living a dream of ours. Next September after the 100th aniversary celebration Henry (Pjay) and I are going to bike from Vancouver, Canada to Mexico. A bit over 1800 miles. Should be about 40 days of riding and 20 of chilling out. I'm excited already. It should be a true adventure. So that makes my updated life intinerary

Aug 25th: Leave Camp
Aug 26th-Aug 31st: Hang out in Twin Cities possibly selling shaved ice at Minnesota State Fair
Sept 1st - Sept 19th: Europe with Hana
Sept 19th-Sept 24th: 3 nights in Phoenix, one in Tucson (21st?), one in LA(23rd). Fly to NZ
Sept 26th - Mid May 2009: Work and live it up in New Zealand
Mid May to Sept 3rd 2009: Camp? More New Zealand? Something else?
Sept 4th-Sept 7th 2009: 100th Anniversery Celebration at Camp Lincoln. Be There.
Sept 15th ish-Nov 15th ish 2009: Bike from Canada to Mexico.
Nov 16th - ? : The rest of my life


So I feel great right now. The best I've felt in a while. One day I may look back and regret not saving my money or getting a steady job and settling down. I'm not sure. But I will know that at least for a while, I was incredibly happy.

Joey

No comments: