Sunday, August 24, 2008

Work crews

Today was the first of two days of work crews where all the remaining staff 'shut down' camp. We spend about 20-30 days all toll preparing camp and then we try to shut it down in 2. Pretty crazy. Everyone was working really hard. Mostly it is taking stuff apart and putting stuff away. My job was pickup. I would drive around in a old F-350 coverted to a dumptruck and pick up what people had packed up from activity areas and bring it to the warehouse or dumpsite. That rig is a beast. The most memorable moment though had nothing to do with my own work. One of the biggest work crews is always building/ taking down the docks. I have always arrived by the time the docks were built and left while they were still standing. Today for the first time I saw our waterfront with no dock. I cannot explain exactly how weird that was for me, highly surreal. Imagine if you drove to the location of you childhood home and saw that instead of a house you saw a vacant lot. It was something like that.

Joey

No comments: