Friday, October 24, 2008

The grind

So I am no longer working at Leuvan and start a different job on Friday. Basically I hated my boss, and the pay wasn't near good enough to make me put up with it. The guy was just a big jerk, it is no surprise they had employee retention issues. Pjay is still working there and doing alright, he works nights so doesn't really deal with the him that much. Apparently though, the guy has been out of character nice since I left. Maybe hearing that I was leaving purely because I though he was a jerk made some impression, I doubt it though.

So on friday I start a job for two months doing data entry for the Ministry of Justice- Office of Coronial Services. Yep, I work with coroners. Basically I will be entering in info about people that have just died under any type of suspicious circumstances. As data entry positions go it is pretty weird, but it pays okay, 17/hour and the hours are good.

I have been doing my bar promo job recently as well. It has been mostly just handing out cards for free drinks. It is pretty cool. I just hang out and see a very different side of the city. I meet all kinds of people. Last night I got a free hot chocolate from the salvation army and was talking to a bike taxi guy about his job. I'm actually going to look into doing it a couple nights maybe, we'll see. People's responses to getting the cards are interesting; everything from enourmous gratitude to anger. All and all it is a pretty chill job. I don't usually work for more than 2 hours at a time so it is a nice extra little bit.

So that is it for now. All of us have Sunday/Monday off work so we might go hiking, camping for the night. Ok Peace.

Joey

Just Finished: Entire Hitchkiker's Guide to the Galaxy Series
Currently Reading: Foundation- Asimov
Up Next: The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao- Diaz

No comments: