Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Today kinda sucked

So in general in this blog, or when I am telling people how things are going I tend to create a pretty rosy picture. Not that I am dishonest, I just choose to write/talk about the good things; it's what people want to hear and what is more fun to talk about. Because of that, I think people tend to get a sense that everything is always going well. That is not actually the case, today is a great example.

Today was a bad day, no other way to put it. Primarily because as awesome job that I was all but told was mine slipped through my finger. It was such a good job, and was presented as such a likelihood that I turned down some other opportunities for it. I even went out and spent 100NZ$ (70US$) on new clothes I needed. It really was a big step backwards for me. I'm not back to square one in the job hunt now, but I'm not nearly that far from it to be honest. I was pretty much depressed all day. I tried to get myself out of it, but could only do so much.

The evening was a little better for a while as Ben and I went out with some people we had met to a quiz night at a bar. It was fun, and I had a good time. When we went to get the car we were using, Ben realized that he had left the lights on and killed the battery. This was an expensive mistake as it caused us to now have to take a bus then cab to get home as well as pay for a bunch of extra parking downtown before we can take care of it tomorrow. So ya.

All and all today sucked. Still, tomorrow will be better and sitting around feeling sorry for myself is unlikely to improve the situation. I can only count on myself to make things better and I most certainly will. I have already started working on new opportunities and hope something will come of it. Overall though I cannot complain, my life is still more than I could ask for or most could hope for. Besides it's not supposed to rain tomorrow.

Joey

No comments: