Monday, October 13, 2008

In the city with two jobs

So I now living in Wellington proper, which is a great change. Being with the Milne's in Lower Hutt was great but I am excited to be where the action is. We are staying at a hostel for a few weeks before our lease starts in Nov. It is not too bad. It is a hostel which has is strong and weak points. We are all sharing a room, but it is just the three of us. We have done some interesting construction including a lot of rope and a large plastic bread tray we stole to give ourselves additional storing/clothes hanging space. It isn't so bad though.

In other new I have secured primary employment. I am serving at a Belgian Beer Restaurant breakfast and lunch. I start tomorrow at 630am, ouch. On the other hand it is Mon-Fri which is great, full time, and they have the best beer selection ever. Here is the place: www.leuven.co.nz

So hopefully that goes well. Also I have been doing some running recently. Thinking about doing a marathon while I am out here. The two questions though are will I have enough time to train between two jobs, ultimate, and fun and can my knees take that kind of running. We will see. I went on a great run to the top of Mt. Victoria last night. It was one of the best runs I have ever been on. I felt great and the view was unbelievable.

So now it is all about learning my new jobs and getting my ultimate club situation figured out. The local ultimate politics here are bewildering. I don't know what team I will be on but it will probably come down to me getting to choose. At least once I understand it all. Anyway I am off to eat, run, and go to an orientation at Leuvan.

Joey

Just Finished: Streets or Loredo (the last of the Lonesome Dove Saga)
Currently Reading: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Up Next: ?

No comments: