Friday, October 10, 2008

Promo Job

So I was hired for a part time job. I had decided that in addition to working a full time day job (still getting that settled) it would be sweet to have a night job. This way I could save way more money and have another way to meet people. I was hoping to get a job working at a bar or
questions asked, she was just telling us about the job. I think she just wanted to size us up to see if we seemed like the type of people they wanted, and that we were all right looking (it's a cruel shallow world, but it's the one we live in). Anyway I will let you read the job description,

Role and Responsibilities

The role requires confident, bubbly and happy people who enjoy meeting new people and taking

on a challenge. Aspects of the role include:


-
Distributing flyers or other promotional material in a specific area as required

- Creating atmosphere in the bar through talking to customers, encouraging them to dance

and being friendly and fun

- Creating a dance floor at any of our venues to encourage customers to dance and have a

good time

- Selling promotional beverages on the floor (such as Corona buckets), either by yourself

or in pair

- Face to face promotional work, cold calling or any similar activity to promote or advertise

any of our bars.

So most of the time, since I will be primarily working at night, I will be getting paid to hang out at a bar and meet people. Life is tough. The bars are really nice, here is the link to the web site: http://www.ghgroup.co.nz/

Hopefully it goes well. So I have a second job, now all I need is a first.

Joey

No comments: