Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas...

here is a bit weird.  It's like, summer.  To be fair summer here isn't that different from winter in Arizona, but still, its weird.  It just doesn't really feel like Christmas time.  I think the Christmas imagery is just way less pervasive here.  I can't believe Christmas is on Thursday, its just, I don't know, weird.  Christmas BBQ's are quite popular.  Whatever.  I think Pjay and I are going to go Mt. biking for Christmas.  

People seem way more excited about the fact that it is summer, which is fair.  Apparently summer here is amazing.  There is a saying, "you can't beat Wellington on a good day".  Most of those are in the summer I guess so I suppose things will be tough to beat.  There is like 30 free outdoor concert during January alone so we're pretty pumped about that.  

We just spent the last 3 hours watching UofA play BYU in the Las Vegas Bowl on Ben's laptop.  We tried to find a bar that would get it.  Unfortunatly the Australasia ESPN feed was only playing NFL football.  Still we made some chicken wings, drank beer, and watched football.  It's good to get back to ones roots.

Joey

No comments: