Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Time

Ultra Quick Holiday Recap
Christmas Eve: Dinner cooked by Scooter and Shep (I know, I was shocked too). Followed by Christmas Movies.

Christmas Day: Went to the beach (very kiwi) and rode around baxis just for fun. Attempted and failed to have a BBQ

Boxing Day: Went to local wine country and rode bikes between vinyards. Good times.

Past weekend: Went hiking and stayed in a hut in the mountains. Still sore.

New Years Plans: Working (baxi) planning on stopping by civic square party.

In other news:

No longer worked for ministry of justice, contract over. Hoping to get work as substitute teachers aid for preschool.

Working on writing. Currently working on a story/novella. It is about a seventeen year old boy who works in an Italian restaurant. Loosely based on my own experiences working in a restaurant at sixteen. Was supposed to be under 7500 words. Looking to be closer to 20,000. Oops. Details to come.

Slowly reading 'Paradise Lost' by John Milton. Whew. It's ambitious. Finding it mildly disconcerting that the characters I admire most right now are the fallen angels (Satan and his crew).

Struggling to not be totally lazy now that I have free times. Feels like an uphill battle.

I have a few topics that I want to blog about. I have some more free time now so there should be a few posts in the next week.


Joey

No comments: